Tuesday 1 August 2017

Summer Holidays

I used this Tilda image a fortnight ago but was so uninspired by the yellow (it's not my favourite colour by a long shot) that I really didn't like my finished project.  To rejuvenate my feelings for this image, I've had another attempt at a card using her which is more matched to my usual style.  She's in much warmer reds and her ice cream is now chocolate (mmm, my favourite!).  The papers are also some that I've been saving for a while (almost too nice to use) so I'm much happier with this version.  

She's perfect for the Summer Fun theme at Squirrel's Random Challenge which starts today so please pop over to see the samples by my fabulously talented teamies and to enter your own Summer themed creation. I look forward to seeing your projects.






Card Recipe:

  • Tilda with Dripping Ice Cream
  • Versafine Ink Pad
  • Watercoloured with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers
  • The Langton Watercolour paper
  • Tim Holtz Stitched Oval nesting die
  • Sue Wilson Nasturtium Die set
  • 15mm Satin Ribbon
  • 3mm flat backed pearls
  • Viva Pearl Pen - Ice White
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



8 comments:

Christine L said...

Mmmm now chocolate ice-cream..... you got a YES from me!! LOL! Like you, yellow doesn't often feature on my cards.. so I'm glad to see that you've coloured this image differently now.

Big hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Annette, I'm not surprised you have been hanging on to those papers they are gorgeous !
Hugs Kaz xx

Sarah said...

What a delightful card Annette and that chocolate ice cream has made me peckish!! xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Annette. Must see if I have a card to add to the new challenge. Love sweet Tilda, she's a cutie with her dripping ice cream! Beautiful Maja paper combo too. Just gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Squirrel x said...

Love the rich tones on this hun, for some reason it makes me think Spain! I'm sure they have chocolate ice-cream there. Gorgeous! Hugs xx

Anne said...

Very nice, love this colourway. The flower is a nice finishing touch too :)
Anne x

Sandra said...

Darling card, the little girl is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Marieke said...

I would take that icecream ;), very pretty card! Thanks for joining in with us at the Sketchy Challenge!

Greetz,
Marieke